I am starting to ready our home to host gatherings with friends and family to welcome in the autumn season. Sharing recipes with my friends in The Homebody Fellowship has put me in just the right mood to bake and entertain.
My kitchen smells delicious after these perfect sized pumpkin muffins go into the oven. Scents of cinnamon and clove begin to fill the air and suddenly autumn is here. It is as if there is a passing of the baton from summer to autumn and a new season has happened upon us.
Keeping it simple is the key to how I entertain no matter the season. Simple food and simple decorating make for gatherings that everyone enjoys.
I like to set up different food and drink stations throughout the house when I entertain. This helps prevent people from crowding into one spot. Sometimes that means having to think a little creative, but that is when the magic happens.
Substantial pieces and those that have a history to them are just some of the ways I create an autumnal feel when entertaining at this time of year. The vintage wooden crate that I found at a barn sale and old books that I covered in fabric convey those messages perfectly.
Pumpkin Patch Muffin Recipe
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Beat until well mixed.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and ground cloves into a separate bowl, then still until well combined.
- Slowly add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into a 12-cup muffin tin lined with paper baking cups.
- Bake the muffins for approximately 25 minutes.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes.
Do you love to be home? Do you find joy in the simple things that center around your home? Then you my friend are a fellow homebody & “The Homebody Fellowship” is the perfect fit for you. Learn more HERE!